- 101 reasons to love cycling in London
- air quality
- bike hire scheme
- bike lanes
- bikes on trains
- Boris Johnson
- City of London
- commuting by bike
- critical mass
- cycle advocacy
- cycle chic
- cycle infrastructure
- cycle parking
- cycle routes
- Department for Transport
- helmet law
- London cycle chic
- London Underground
- Mayor of London
- noise pollution
- Oxford Circus
- promoting cycling positively
- Transport for London
- Y O U B I K E L O N D O N
i b i k e l o n d o n
- A View from the cycle path (The Netherlands)
- Amsterdamize (The Netherlands)
- As Easy As Riding a Bike (U.K)
- At War With The Motorist (U.K)
- Auckland Cycle Chic (New Zealand)
- BIKEMINDED (U.K)
- Bicivilzados (Argentina / Spain)
- Bicycle Dutch (Cycling videos from the Netherlands)
- Change your life & ride a bike (U.S.A)
- Copenhagen Cycle Chic (Denmark)
- Copenhagenize (Denmark)
- Crap Cycling & Walking in Waltham Forest (London, UK)
- Cycalogical (Merton, London, UK)
- Cycle Gaz Croydon (U.K)
- Cycling Embassy of Denmark
- Cycling Embassy of Great Britain
- Cycling Embassy of the Netherlands
- Cycling Intelligence (U.K)
- Cyclists in the City (of London, UK)
- Do The Right Thing (U.K)
- EcoVelo (U.S.A)
- Freedom Cyclist (helmet free Australia)
- Kennington People on Bikes (London, UK)
- Let's go ride a bike! (U.S.A)
- Lisbon Cycle Chic (Portugal)
- Lo Fidelity Bicycle Club (U.K)
- London 5 day weather forecast from the BBC (U.K)
- London Cycle Chic (U.K)
- London Cycling Campaign (U.K)
- London Cyclist (U.K)
- London Fixed Gear & Single Speed Forum
- Pedestrianise London (U.K)
- People Powered (Germany)
- Portlandize (U.S.A)
- Real Cycling (U.K)
- Road CC (U.K)
- Road Danger Reduction Forum (UK)
- Simply Bike (U.S.A)
- Sit Up Cycle (Australia)
- Sportive Cycling - everything you wanted to know about road cycling but were too afraif to ask...
- The Bike Show (U.K)
- The Cycling Silk (U.K)
- The Guardian Bike Blog (U.K)
- The Vole O'Speed (U.K)
- Two Wheels Good (U.K)
- UK Cycle Rules (legal points for bikes, U.K)
- VeLo Loves the City (U.K)
- Yehuda Moon (bicycle comic, U.S.A)
Welcome! I'm Mark Ames editor of the i b i k e l o n d o n blog, established in September 2009.
My aim is to stimulate discussion about the place of the humble bicycle in the urban realm - specifically London - and to look at ways in which we can rehabilitate it into our lives. I do this because I love cycling in London - for 101 reasons - and because I want other people to realise that they can learn to do so too. I hope you'll find the site both interesting and entertaining.You can find i b i k e l o n d o n on Twitter and Facebook, or contact me directly using the form below.
As an independant sustainable urban travel advocat I've given lectures and addresses at diverse events; from the local W.I to major cycling festivals. Please contact me to discuss arranging a public speaking for your club, event or place of work. Selected previous talks include:
"Cycling and Social Media; towards a new system of cycle advocacy"
Cycle Hoop; Future of London Cycling workshop
"Inviting Cycling; the future of cycle campaigning in London"
Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea
"Inviting Cycling; Leicester isn't London, London isn't Copenhagen"
Leicester Ride It! Festival 2011
I'm a regular contributor to both the mainstream and cycling press on stories regarding cycling in London, cycle safety and city planning, and have appeared in print, on television and radio.
Has a new wave of cycling bloggers changed the debate?
BBC London online, 03.02.12
"Mark Ames; Ten Industry Names Worth Keeping Tabs On"
BikeBiz online, 20.01.12
Christmas vigil at Kings Cross remembers 16 cyclists killed in London in 2011
London Cycling Campaign, 22.12.11
Hundreds of cyclists join London 'tour du danger'
The Guardian, (author) 14.11.11
Campaigners want 'immediate' re-design of killer roundabout
Docklands and East London Advertiser, 14.11.11
Massive turnout at 3rd Blackfriars flashire as Londoners say 'No' to TfL plans
"Social Networking Sells"
BikeBiz magazine, (author) 03.08.11
Mark Ames of ibikelondon; interview of the week
Blackfriars Bridge 'flashride' coverage
BBC Radio, BBC London television; 30.07.11
Getting more people on bikes; why cycle storage matters
This Big City, June 2011
Tory Walkout Stops Debate on Cycle Safety
Evening Standard, 09.06.11
Boris Johnson and the Blackfriars Flashride
The Guardian, 20.05.11
Livin life in the fast lane; are cycle lanes as good an idea as they seem?
Cycling Mobility magazine, 12.02.11
"Boris, Pickles and Gehl; Bike Blogging with Mark Ames"
The Bike Show, Resonance FM, 24.01.11
Guest contributor, August edition, The Guardian bike podcast, 2010
Interviewee, September edition, The Guardian bike podcast, 2010
"Street rangers to crack down on rogue cyclists"
Evening Standard, 19.08.10
"Delay puts spoke in Boris Johnson's London bike hire scheme"
Evening Standard, 19.07.10
"Women cyclists 'at greater risk from lorry deaths'"
The Guardian, 21.05.10
Campaigns and Endorsements:
i b i k e l o n d o n does not carry adverts and reviews products free of commercial influence. i b i k e l o n d o n is proud to endorse the following campaigns and groups:
The Times "Cycle Safe" campaign
London Cycling Campaign and "Go Dutch!"
Cycling Embassy of Great Britain (founding member)
Movement for Liveable London (founding member)
Road Peace lorry danger reduction campaign "See Me, Save Me"