101 reasons to love cycling in London #3 - gets the heart rate going.

As a family we don't historically have the most robust of hearts.  And whilst I consider myself reasonably fit, if I didn't cycle I wouldn't be getting a whole lot of any other exercise.  So, whilst I am peddling to and from work and enjoying the streets of London, in the back of my head I am also glad I am getting the old heart rate going, as an hour of cycling a day can reduce the risk of coronary heart disease by up to 50% - I like to think of it as an investment in my future.

2 comments:

anna said...

Read a similar thing myself. 1h of walking or 30min of cycling a day reduces such heart risks. Good that this can be achieved easily :-).

Mark said...

Great to hear from you Anna - I agree - the health benefits are a definate 'bonus' feather in any cyclists' cap - especially if like me you aren't a fan of pounding the gymnasium! Mark