y o u b i k e l o n d o n; Simon from Reading


Name?
Simon
Age?
48
Where do you live?
Reading
What do your ride?
Today I'm on a Corratec road bike that's been gentrified for the urban environment!
How often do you ride?
Usually three times a week.
Helmet or no helmet?
Depends on the weather, type of road I'm going to cycle and how risk-averse I feel on the day.
What's your primary reason for cycling?
I've always done it, since I was a kid - my brother runs The Bicycle Hub in Ironbridge, so it must be genetic!
Least favourite aspect of cycling?
Dare I say it?  Hills!
Most favourite aspect of cycling?
Urban travel that's as fast, or even faster than a car - that's a real buzz.
What advice would you give to an aspiring cyclist thinking of cycling in London for the first time?
Be assertive, try new routes, and get some experience under your belt.  And be nice to taxi drivers.

1 comment:

Dottie said...

I enjoy reading these profiles.

I agree that passing stopped cars in traffic is a fun part of urban commuting.