y o u b i k e l o n d o n - Francisco from Old Kent Road

Name?
Francisco
Age?
27
Where do you live and ride?
I live near the Old Kent Road and cycle into the city.
What do you ride?
It's an MMP Geometry fold away - I met a girl when I was travelling who'd left it locked up in London - she gave me the key and a map so that when I moved here I had a way of getting around.
How often do you ride?
Every day.
Helmet or no helmet?
No helmet.
What's your primary reason for cycling?
Because I like it and it's faster and cheaper than the bus.
Least favourite aspect of cycling?
The traffic, and the lack of proper cycle lanes.
Most favourite aspect of cycling?
It's fast. It's cheap. What more do you need?
What advice would you give to an aspiring cyclist thinking of cycling in London for the first time?
It's my first time living in London, so I don't know.... ...if I can do it, anyone can.
What could be done to improve the lot of the London cyclist?
More cycle paths are needed, and your roundabouts are so difficult to navigate.  And move existing cycle paths behind the bus stops - they're so frustrating.

No comments: