Name and age?
Henry, and I'm 24 years old.
Where do you live and ride?
What do you ride?
It's a Giant OCR road bike.
How often do you ride a week?
4 or 5 times a week to work.
Helmet or no helmet?
Usually a helmet but, erm, not today!
What's your primary reason for cycling?
Execrise - it's good multi-tasking to commute to work and exercise at the same time, why sit on a train for an hour, and then go to a gym for an hour? That, and I enjoy it.
Least favourite aspect of cycling?
Punctures. I hate 'em.
Most favourite aspect of cycling?
The feeling of being out on your own and being able to go anywhere and do anything - on a nice day that feeling of setting out and feeling that anything could happen - I love that sense of freedom.
What advice would you give to an aspiring cyclist thinking of cycling in London for the first time?
Go for it, it's not as dangerous as you might think: I got knocked off my bike living in Yorkshire but have had no trouble riding here in London, touch wood, for the past 18 months.
What could be done to improve the lot of the London cyclist?
Not enough is made of cultural shifts rather than building cycle paths etc. Just making people more accepting, aware and respectful of cyclists would be huge.
- 101 reasons to love cycling in London
- air quality
- bike hire scheme
- bike lanes
- bikes on trains
- Boris Johnson
- City of London
- commuting by bike
- critical mass
- cycle advocacy
- cycle chic
- cycle infrastructure
- cycle parking
- cycle routes
- Department for Transport
- helmet law
- London cycle chic
- London Underground
- Mayor of London
- noise pollution
- Oxford Circus
- promoting cycling positively
- Transport for London
- Y O U B I K E L O N D O N
i b i k e l o n d o n
- A View from the cycle path (The Netherlands)
- Amsterdamize (The Netherlands)
- As Easy As Riding a Bike (U.K)
- At War With The Motorist (U.K)
- Auckland Cycle Chic (New Zealand)
- Bicivilzados (Argentina / Spain)
- Bicycle Dutch (Cycling videos from the Netherlands)
- BIKEMINDED (U.K)
- Change your life & ride a bike (U.S.A)
- Copenhagen Cycle Chic (Denmark)
- Copenhagenize (Denmark)
- Crap Cycling & Walking in Waltham Forest (London, UK)
- Cycalogical (Merton, London, UK)
- Cycle Gaz Croydon (U.K)
- Cycling Embassy of Denmark
- Cycling Embassy of Great Britain
- Cycling Embassy of the Netherlands
- Cycling Intelligence (U.K)
- Cyclists in the City (of London, UK)
- Do The Right Thing (U.K)
- EcoVelo (U.S.A)
- Freedom Cyclist (helmet free Australia)
- Kennington People on Bikes (London, UK)
- Let's go ride a bike! (U.S.A)
- Lisbon Cycle Chic (Portugal)
- Lo Fidelity Bicycle Club (U.K)
- London 5 day weather forecast from the BBC (U.K)
- London Cycle Chic (U.K)
- London Cycling Campaign (U.K)
- London Cyclist (U.K)
- London Fixed Gear & Single Speed Forum
- Pedestrianise London (U.K)
- People Powered (Germany)
- Portlandize (U.S.A)
- Real Cycling (U.K)
- Road CC (U.K)
- Road Danger Reduction Forum (UK)
- Simply Bike (U.S.A)
- Sit Up Cycle (Australia)
- The Bike Show (U.K)
- The Cycling Silk (U.K)
- The Guardian Bike Blog (U.K)
- The Vole O'Speed (U.K)
- Two Wheels Good (U.K)
- UK Cycle Rules (legal points for bikes, U.K)
- VeLo Loves the City (U.K)
- Yehuda Moon (bicycle comic, U.S.A)