Name and age?
Suzy and I'm 34, not that a lady should tell!
Where do you live / ride to?
Brixton and Brixton; it's where I live and work.
What do your ride?
It's a girly Mary Poppins style Ridgeback.
And how often?
Helmet or no helmet?
No helmet. I've always got a flower in my hair so that's a primary reason why not(!) Seriously though, I think it's safer, I'm less likely to get knocked off my bike if I don't wear a helmet.
What's your primary reason for cycling?
To get me from one place to another.
What's your least favourite aspect of cycling?
Rain. I still go out in the rain. I have to tolerate it. It would be nice if I could cycle to Scotland and back without it taking so long...
What's your most favourite aspect of cycling?
Being able to go door to door, it's excellent.
What do you never leave home without when riding?
A flower in my hair!
How many locks do you carry, and have you ever had a bicycle stolen?
One, and yes. I kept getting bits of bike stolen until I gave up on it.... Although, people don't seem to want to steal my bike, maybe it's too girly? I have a good strong D-lock and am a lot better about looking after my bike now.
What advice would you give to an aspiring cyclist thinking of riding in London for the very first time?
Do it! And do cycle training, I think it's very important and will make your riding so much safer and happier.
What could be done to improve the lot of the London cyclist?
EVERYONE should do cycle training. Drivers, cyclists, everyone! Once everyone has experienced the view of the cyclist, maybe they'll be a bit more understanding on the road?
- 101 reasons to love cycling in London
- air quality
- bike hire scheme
- bike lanes
- bikes on trains
- Boris Johnson
- City of London
- commuting by bike
- critical mass
- cycle advocacy
- cycle chic
- cycle infrastructure
- cycle parking
- cycle routes
- Department for Transport
- helmet law
- London cycle chic
- London Underground
- Mayor of London
- noise pollution
- Oxford Circus
- promoting cycling positively
- Transport for London
- Y O U B I K E L O N D O N
i b i k e l o n d o n
- A View from the cycle path (The Netherlands)
- Amsterdamize (The Netherlands)
- As Easy As Riding a Bike (U.K)
- At War With The Motorist (U.K)
- Auckland Cycle Chic (New Zealand)
- BIKEMINDED (U.K)
- Bicivilzados (Argentina / Spain)
- Bicycle Dutch (Cycling videos from the Netherlands)
- Change your life & ride a bike (U.S.A)
- Copenhagen Cycle Chic (Denmark)
- Copenhagenize (Denmark)
- Crap Cycling & Walking in Waltham Forest (London, UK)
- Cycalogical (Merton, London, UK)
- Cycle Gaz Croydon (U.K)
- Cycling Embassy of Denmark
- Cycling Embassy of Great Britain
- Cycling Embassy of the Netherlands
- Cycling Intelligence (U.K)
- Cyclists in the City (of London, UK)
- Do The Right Thing (U.K)
- EcoVelo (U.S.A)
- Freedom Cyclist (helmet free Australia)
- Kennington People on Bikes (London, UK)
- Let's go ride a bike! (U.S.A)
- Lisbon Cycle Chic (Portugal)
- Lo Fidelity Bicycle Club (U.K)
- London 5 day weather forecast from the BBC (U.K)
- London Cycle Chic (U.K)
- London Cycling Campaign (U.K)
- London Cyclist (U.K)
- London Fixed Gear & Single Speed Forum
- Pedestrianise London (U.K)
- People Powered (Germany)
- Portlandize (U.S.A)
- Real Cycling (U.K)
- Road CC (U.K)
- Road Danger Reduction Forum (UK)
- Simply Bike (U.S.A)
- Sit Up Cycle (Australia)
- Sportive Cycling - everything you wanted to know about road cycling but were too afraif to ask...
- The Bike Show (U.K)
- The Cycling Silk (U.K)
- The Guardian Bike Blog (U.K)
- The Vole O'Speed (U.K)
- Two Wheels Good (U.K)
- UK Cycle Rules (legal points for bikes, U.K)
- VeLo Loves the City (U.K)
- Yehuda Moon (bicycle comic, U.S.A)