y o u b i k e l o n d o n; Jae from Bermondsey

Name and age?
I'm Jae, and this little fellow is Dave.  I'm far too old to be telling, whereas Dave however is 4.5 months old.
Where do you live / ride to?
We live in Bermondsey and tend to use the bike to get around the local area; in Bermondsey and along the river.
What do your ride?
A 1972 Fuji racing bike rebuilt by Foffa with Brooks bars, saddle and a Dorothy-esque basket.
How often do you ride?
Every couple of days.
Helmet or no helmet?
No helmet.
What's your primary reason for cycling?
Getting from A to B, and avoiding public transport.
Least favourite aspect of cycling?
Major road junctions and idiot pedestrians wearing iPods, or just idiot peds not paying attention stepping into the road.  I'm not a huge fan of lorries either.  Everyone has the potential to walk or drive in front of you; do what you have to do to keep yourself safe.
Most favourite aspect of cycling?
For Dave, it's the wind in his ears.  For me, it's a nice, pleasurable way to see the world.
What advice would you give to an aspiring cyclist thinking of riding in London for the first time?
Own the road!

2 comments:

Anne said...

I can't resist. "Hi, Jae. And your little dog, too!"

:D

ibikelondon said...

I know, he's a very cool dog is he not? :o) I've decided I want a dog on my bike and I'm going to train him to bark at taxi drivers!