y o u b i k e l o n d o n; Chris from Whitechapel

Name / age?
My name is Chris and I'm 39 years old.
Where do you live / ride to?
Whitechapel, and I ride all over, out and about.  This year I did the Dun Run which was a nice stretch and I brought one of the dogs along too.


What do you ride?
It's a Kemper Filibus cargo bike.
How often do you ride?
Every day.
Helmet or no helmet?
No helmet.
What's your primary reason for cycling?
Mostly just to get around; it's cheaper, more fun, keeps me fit and I like cycle touring too - I've just returned from riding in the South of France which was great on 2 wheels.
Least favourite aspect of cycling?
HGVs and earth moving plant machinery.  One of them hit me about 7 years ago.
Most favourite aspect of cycling?
Meeting other people and seeing different countries by bike.
What do you never leave home without when riding?
My SPDs.
How many locks do you carry and have you ever had a bike stolen?
Loads of times!  When I have had bikes stolen I've often ended up being able to get them back one way or another, but I'd like to hold on to this one.  This one has 2 heavy duty locks.
What advice would you give an aspiring cyclist thinking of riding in London for the very first time?
Maybe try it by borrowing a Boris Bike before buying your own, and make sure you cycle in the middle ot the road, and just get out there and enjoy it!

Share |

No comments: