y o u b i k e l o n d o n; Mr Anonymous from London

Name / age?
Age? How dare you!
If I'm going to give you my opinions on cycling perhaps you should call me Mr Anonymous...
Where do you live / ride to?
I live in London and have cycled in France, Scotland... ..wherever my tours might take me.
What do you ride?
It's a Dutch roadster.
How often do you ride?
Every day.
Helmet or no helmet?
No helmet.
What's your primary reason for cycling?
Efficiency, sustainability, fitness, interaction with the wider world, fun, all those things and more.
Least favourite aspect of cycling?
London motorists, because they're always in such a hurry to get somewhere all the time.
Most favourite aspect of cycling?
Tail winds!
What do you never leave the house without when cycling?
A lock, always a lock.
How many locks do you carry and have you ever had a bicycle stolen?
Just 2 locks, and I've not had a bicycle stolen since I started carrying 2 good locks.
What advice would you give to an aspiring cyclist thinking of riding in London for the very first time?
Be confident you can do it, you need to be confident enough to start, that's the key.
What could be done to improve the lot of the London cyclist?
They should change the law to strict liability so that if a motorist hits a cyclist they are responsible unless they can prove they are not at fault.  In London, I guess they should just encourage more and more cycling!

Share |

2 comments:

LittleAnnanas said...

Was this at the Halloween CT? You must've been there early!! When I arrived it was so dark it was hard to find my mates...
I thought it was a very odd ride this time...very slow and didn't enjoy the route as much :-(
Anna.

ibikelondon said...

Nope, this was the end of September ride - my first interview from the Hallowe'en ride will be this Friday.

By contrast, I really enjoyed the Hallowe'en route - it was eery riding through the big empty streets of the city in the rain and the visit to the new shopping centre was *ahem* interesting! I don't think the rain helped to liven up people's spirits though!
:o(