My Top 5 Tips for Cycle Campaigning with Social Media (You won't believe number 4!)

The London Cycling Campaign is supported by an army of volunteers who work tirelessly away behind the scenes to improve conditions for cyclists.  A number of them were honoured on Saturday with Campaigner Awards recognising their outstanding contribution, and I was pleased to be asked to present them.

Before the awards I gave a fast and furious presentation on the increasing importance of social media, and some advice on how to use social media to increase the strength of campaigns.  Of course, it would be contradictory of me if I encouraged campaigners to embrace sharing everything online if I didn't then do the same myself.  So, here's my Top 5 Tips for Cycle Campaigning with Social Media...



Special congratulations should go to Jean Dollimore from Camden, who received the Outstanding Contribution to Cycle Campaigning Award to recognise her years of tireless and successful work. Congratulations Jean!

Do you have some tips for effective campaigning? Don't forget to share them below!

Share 

8 comments:

Fred Smith said...

Good points & reminders - we'll definitely be putting some in to action at Waltham Forest Cycling Campaign :-)

Freedom Cyclist said...

Brilliant, Mark, great tips - will definitely incorporate them into my 'campaigning' here Down Under!!!

ibikelondon said...

Thanks both, glad you enjoyed them!

Martin Donkin said...

Tip number four worked so well!

ibikelondon said...

Sorry Martin, I couldn't help myself! :)

Elizabeth J. Neal said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
albina N muro said...

A webcomic of romance, sarcasm, math, and language. You can get xkcd shirts, prints, and posters in the store! Social Media Proprium Marketing

Camden Cycles said...

Good,Splendid,incredible tips i am very happy will unquestionably fuse them into my battling here Down Under.