Tour de France Stage 4: Citadelle de Namur, Belgium


After riding in Antwerp and spending the day with the peloton, my tour of Le Tour continues, today bringing me to the Belgian city of Namur.  There was a huge gap between the break away and the main bunch, who crawled up the hot, dusty road to the summit of the Citadelle, where I captured this photo.

It was a hugely exciting stage on the cobbles and a dramatic win for Tony Martin.  Tomorrow I leave the pro-riders behind and return to the Netherlands to the host city of the Grand Depart, Utrecht, to find out what happens in a cycling city after the racing cyclists have gone.  Stay tuned!


1 comment:

Marcel from ByeMould said...

I love cycling in Holland though being Dutch I may be slightly biased. Currently I am residing in Ireland where the cycling facilities aren't half as good.

I had to laugh when I saw the photo of the man cycling with an umbrella. That's a big difference between the Dutch and Irish. The Dutch are well equiped to deal with inclement weather whereas the Irish don't bring anything with them even if it looks like it will rain.

Too funny!!