y o u b i k e l o n d o n; Christopher from Preston

Name?
Christopher
Age?
40ish
Where do you live?
Preston, Lancs, but I come down to London to see my girlfriend
What do you ride?
It's a 1983 Dawes Windsor fixie convert
How often do you ride?
6 days a week
Helmet or no helmet?
I only wear a helmet if I'm going off road - trail, sport or mountain cycling
What's your primary reason for cycling?
Commuting & to be healthy & 'cos I love it - I get antsy if I don't cycle for a 3 or 4 days
Least favourite aspect of cycling?
Putting on & taking off 15 bits of clothing at winter, 11 times a week gets a bit tedious.  That, and the dirt.
Most favourite aspect of cycling?
Riding round and looking at things differently, and getting by without using a ar or public transport.  I like cross country too.
What advice would you give to an aspiring cyclist thinking of cycling in London for the first time?
It's not as dangerous as you'd think but don't jump straight into it - get someone to give you some good advice who knows what they're doing.

No comments: