y o u b i k e l o n d o n; Bart from Finsbury Park

Name and age?
My name's Bart, I'm 27, I'm from Leeds but I live in London.
Where do you live / ride to?
I work for Sustrans, so I ride everyday anyway.  I live in Finsbury Park and go everywhere in London on my bike.
What do you ride?
Today I'm riding a Woodrup steel touring bike.
How often do you ride?
Everyday, for two or three hours each day.
Helmet or no helmet?
That's a tough one!  It depends what mood I'm in, and who I've been talking to.
What's your primary reason for cycling?
Because I'm too tight to buy a car or use public transport.
What's your least favourite aspect of cycling?
Having to fix the bike myself.
What's your most favourite aspect of cycling?
Going past people queing in the street in expensive cars.
What do you never leave the house without when going on your bike?
My lock.
How many locks do you carry and have you ever had a bicycle stolen?
I carry a D lock and a cable, and so far so good...
What advice would you give to an aspiring cyclist thinking of riding in London for the first time?
An interesting question, as my sister has just started cycling herself.  What advice would I give her?  Get some formal cycle training I think.
What could be done to improve the lot of the London cyclist?
Um.... Have Ken Livingstone back as Mayor?

No comments: