Name and age?
My name is Sally, I'm, um, twenty... four. Twenty four years old; I had to think about it then!
Where do you live / ride to?
I've just started cycling very recently. I'm going to try and ride as much as I can. I live in North East London but I work in St Thomas' Hospital, and will commute.
What do you ride?
I've no idea - it's pink! Let's see, it's a Challenge Spirit. I got it second hand, and it's in pretty good condition.
How often do you ride?
Not as often as I'd like to yet, a couple of times a week.
Helmet or no helmet?
What's your primary reason for [starting] cycling?
To get fit and see a bit of London at the same time.
What's your least favourite aspect of cycling?
I'm not sure, I've had a few issues with taxi drivers, but nothing serious so far. Just general 'bike ignorance' is frustrating really.
What's your most favourite aspect of cycling?
I like being able to exercise without having to think about it. It's better than going to the gym for an hour.
What do you never leave the house without before you ride?
My bike helmet. And my lock.
How many locks do you carry, and have you ever had a bike stolen?
Just the one, and no one has stolen my bike, yet!
What advice would you give to an aspiring cyclist, like yourself, thinking of riding in London for the first time?
Don't be afraid to just try it.
What can be done to improve the lot of the London cyclist?
That's a good one. More cycle lanes, maybe that's a bit boring? But it would help, certainly. More cycle lanes for sure.
- 101 reasons to love cycling in London
- air quality
- bike hire scheme
- bike lanes
- bikes on trains
- Boris Johnson
- City of London
- commuting by bike
- critical mass
- cycle advocacy
- cycle chic
- cycle infrastructure
- cycle parking
- cycle routes
- Department for Transport
- helmet law
- London cycle chic
- London Underground
- Mayor of London
- noise pollution
- Oxford Circus
- promoting cycling positively
- Transport for London
- Y O U B I K E L O N D O N
i b i k e l o n d o n
- A View from the cycle path (The Netherlands)
- Amsterdamize (The Netherlands)
- As Easy As Riding a Bike (U.K)
- At War With The Motorist (U.K)
- Auckland Cycle Chic (New Zealand)
- BIKEMINDED (U.K)
- Bicivilzados (Argentina / Spain)
- Bicycle Dutch (Cycling videos from the Netherlands)
- Change your life & ride a bike (U.S.A)
- Copenhagen Cycle Chic (Denmark)
- Copenhagenize (Denmark)
- Crap Cycling & Walking in Waltham Forest (London, UK)
- Cycalogical (Merton, London, UK)
- Cycle Gaz Croydon (U.K)
- Cycling Embassy of Denmark
- Cycling Embassy of Great Britain
- Cycling Embassy of the Netherlands
- Cycling Intelligence (U.K)
- Cyclists in the City (of London, UK)
- Do The Right Thing (U.K)
- EcoVelo (U.S.A)
- Freedom Cyclist (helmet free Australia)
- Kennington People on Bikes (London, UK)
- Let's go ride a bike! (U.S.A)
- Lisbon Cycle Chic (Portugal)
- Lo Fidelity Bicycle Club (U.K)
- London 5 day weather forecast from the BBC (U.K)
- London Cycle Chic (U.K)
- London Cycling Campaign (U.K)
- London Cyclist (U.K)
- London Fixed Gear & Single Speed Forum
- Pedestrianise London (U.K)
- People Powered (Germany)
- Portlandize (U.S.A)
- Real Cycling (U.K)
- Road CC (U.K)
- Road Danger Reduction Forum (UK)
- Simply Bike (U.S.A)
- Sit Up Cycle (Australia)
- Sportive Cycling - everything you wanted to know about road cycling but were too afraif to ask...
- The Bike Show (U.K)
- The Cycling Silk (U.K)
- The Guardian Bike Blog (U.K)
- The Vole O'Speed (U.K)
- Two Wheels Good (U.K)
- UK Cycle Rules (legal points for bikes, U.K)
- VeLo Loves the City (U.K)
- Yehuda Moon (bicycle comic, U.S.A)