Autumn Cycle Chic, London style!

I'm back!  After a week away from London for a much needed holiday in the sun I've returned and thought I'd get straight back to the blog with a nice upbeat cycle chic post...

Back in summer (I know, it seems like an age ago already) I whizzed up the Regent's Canal to London Fields and Broadway Market to snap some summer cycle chic. After the popularity of that post I thought I'd see how the seasons have changed and who is still riding now that autumn is most definately upon us.  Back in summer the streets were filled with shorts, dresses and a sun-bleached sense of optimisim.  Now the light is a little thinner, the sun a little lower, and everyone has a few more layers on, but like some kind of fabulous urban hangover the intoxicating nature of bikes in the city seems to be sticking around... 

IMG_5083
IMG_5117
IMG_5126
IMG_5118
IMG_5127
IMG_5122
IMG_5135
IMG_5128
IMG_5133
IMG_5138

It was great to see so many bikes still out and about, and maybe it's just me but I'm seeing more and more older people on bikes these days too which has to be a good thing (and no, I don't just mean MAMILs!)  The fledgling signs of any resurgent mass cycling scene surely have to be a broad and diverse variety of cyclists?  Let's hope any new found cyclists are here to stay all winter!

Share |

No comments: