y o u b i k e l o n d o n; Encarna from South Kensington

Name / age?
I'm Encarna and I'm 46.
Where do you live / ride to?
South Kensington, and I ride to work on the Old Kent Road.
What do you ride?
It's an old BH sit up and beg.
How often do you ride?
Every day.
Helmet or no helmet?
I have a helmet.
What's your primary reason for cycling?
I've loved cycling since I was very young and have always ridden since, it's just natural to me.
Least favourite aspect of cycling?
The cars and the busy roads... ..there are too many cars and too many buses!
Most favourite aspect of cycling?
The freedom, the feeling of freedom is my favourite thing, you can't beat it.
What do you never leave home without when cycling?
I just go in my ordinary clothes, but during the winter I can't do without my gloves and my scarf.
How many locks do you carry and have you ever had a bicycle stolen?
3 locks, and so far I've never had a bike stolen.  Fingers crossed!
What advice would you give to an aspiring cyclist thinking of riding in London for the very first time?
They have to try, 'cos really it's marvellous, jus get out there and try it.
If there was one thing you could change to improve the lot of the London cyclist what would it be?
We should have a day where everyone is given the day off work and everyone goes outside, takes a picnic, and just tries riding round town.  I think it would be fun!

Share |

No comments: