City of London Cycle Style photography exhibition opens to the public

Last night I attended the Lord Mayor of London's launch of the City Cycle Style photography exhibition at the Royal Exchange.  This was not your usual cycling event; there were bankers and brokers, lawyers and designers and all sorts of City types furiously exchanging business cards, catching up on their Blackberries and bidding vast sums of money in the auction.  But they did so for a good cause (all in aid of the Lord Mayor's charity, Bear Necessities) (His name is Michael Bear, geddit?) and did so whilst surrounded by gorgeous pictures by photographer Horst A. Friedrichs of cyclists in the city. 

From snaps of Paul Smith, local celebrities and even the Mayor himself, to photos of local couriers and everyday riders - all were given the glamorous treatment and committed to celluloid.  And it seemed to work; around me people were over heard talking about cycling "Why don't you ride a bike?", "Why is it so hard to ride in London?", "Wouldn't it be great if it was like Amsterdam..?"  These are the seeds with which people begin to think about cycling, and perhaps start to tune in to the sort of questions raised over at the Cyclists in the City blog.  Fun though last year's event format was, sometimes it's good to break out of the crowd of usual suspects who normally make up these events and bring cycling's positive message to a new audience. 

And whilst some of these photos might force the chic urban cycling concept a little, anything that offers an alternative to the more prevalent Lance Armstrong look that surrounds bicycle promotion in the UK gets a tick in my books.



Donna Ida Thornton of denim boutique Donna Ida rides a 2010 Specialized Globe Carmel 3


Drag artist extraordinaire and local personality Johnny Woo rides a 3 speed Dutchie in some serious heels!


Chocolatier and local businessman Paul A Young rides a Gazelle Tour Populaire

If you weren't there last night, you haven't missed your chance to catch the fabulous photography of Mr Friedrichs.  His prints will be on display in the open air to the general public 24 hours a day in the streets around the Royal Exchange until October 29th.  Be sure to check it out!

This is the second cycle fashion photography exhibition I've attended so far this year, the other being mounted by the Royal Borough of Kensignton and Chelsea and which included fantastic photographs of local residents who cycle.  Be sure to check out my write up of the "Like Riding a Bike" exhibition here.

Share |

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

The gazelle in the bottom pic is lovely. It'd be impossible to ride here though...

ibikelondon said...

It's a great bike. Why couldn't you ride it here? (there?)

Alex said...

In the world of hacking we are the best when it comes to client satisfaction. Bestapphack is an experienced online Private Investigator/Ethical Hacker providing investigative solutions and related services to individuals. You might be curious that what hacking group services can provide? .. If you hire a hacker, you will need to be taken along with the progress of the hack till it is completed and that is what we provide at cyberapphack. We render: +University Grades Hack, +Bank Account Hacks, +Control devices remotely hack, +Facebook Hacking Tricks, +Gmail, AOL, Yahoomail, inbox, mobile phone (call and text message Hacking are available) +Database Hacking, +PC Computer Tricks +Bank transfer, Western Union, Money Gram, Credit Card transfer +Wiping of Credit, +VPN Software, +ATM Hack Contact at: BESTAPPSHACKERS@GMAIL.COM OR WHATSAPP +1(602)609-4730

Jessica said...

Hello everyone, If you are ever in need of a hacker, Wizard James is the right person to contact. They offer practically every hack, spy, cracking, recovery, bugging services and so much more. At first I wasn't too sure they could be able to help. I paid for their services and the software needed for the job. All I had to do next was to wait and see the result of the job and after 3 hours the result came to my email and I was very impressed. They are the best and I can strongly recommend their services to anyone who is interested in Cyber hack. I wish I could tell you all what they did for me but I can't because it's very personal. You can contact them via:
Email: wizardjames8@gmail.com
WhatsApp number: +1 (863) 254-2842

Hellen brown said...

I was asked to give my thoughts on Virtualtophackers AT gmail DOT com because I was pleased with how my score improved and how much they taught me. Well to whom it may concern, all I can say is that they are good at their job and if you need any cyber related help you can visit their email. Mind you i also got them to spy on my cheating spouse too and they did a good job where i could access his phone remotely without him noticing, you can do the same too just follow the process given to you by virtualtophackers trust me when there is nothing to worry about dealing with these kind of people.

Cynthia Murk said...


Hello everyone, my name is Cynthia Murk and I’m going to share with you all how I got scammed after falling victim to a cryptocurrency investment scam, I was introduced to this cryptocurrency scam by a guy I met on Instagram and after investing all my life savings, they swindled me off $960,000. It was the saddest moment of my life because I couldn’t believe what had happened, I was bankrupt and my credit was damaged. I reported to the authorities and there was nothing they could do to get these scammers or return my money. I thought all hope was lost and was going into depression until I came across an article online about a hacker who could help me recover my funds, at first I thought it was impossible to do that but I realize I had no other choice but to give it a try, to my surprise MICHAEL CALCE WIZARD HACKING GROUP was able to recover all my funds and upgrade my credit score, I wanted to put this out there for anyone who might be going through the same situation and have been swindled by this scammers, you can contact MICHAEL CALCE WIZARD HACKING GROUP to help you recover your stolen funds. Contact them at (michaelcalcewizard78@gmail.com) and on WhatsApp at +44 (737) 554-2502

DatsameBoi said...

My advice to everyone out there, please do deep research before investing in these online cryptocurrency trading platforms. My brother introduced me to one such platform called BITbyBIT TRADING where he had invested $300,000 which would generate $500,000 in 2 weeks. After much convincing from my brother, I saw it as a lucrative opportunity and so I jumped on it and invested my $100,000 to earn $105,000 within the same period. I started noticing red flags when they asked my bro to pay for such charges to facilitate the withdrawal process which was never successful. The same happened to me when my 2 weeks was due, By the time we realized it was a scam, they had already robbed us a total of $850,000. We opted to hire an investigator and found MICHAEL CALCE WIZARD SOFTWARE HACKING GROUP who took our case, and in three days, they had tracked the scammers and refunded our money. Contact them on michaelcalcewizard78@gmail.com or send them a message on WhatsApp via: +44 (737) 554-2502

wellick james said...

I would encourage anyone who is unfamiliar with crypto trading to exercise extreme caution while investing or to avoid crypto altogether. I was obliged to deposit a huge portion of my life savings on a forex platform to gain more profit where I lost about 150,000USD to this evil scheme. After investing and my profits had accumulated, I was denied withdrawals of my funds. I wrote to the customer support but all to no avail, then I knew I had been scammed. After a lot of searching on how I could get help, I was just lucky and blessed to have met a real deal retrieval agent at Sean_recovery@cyber-wizard.com, I decided to give a try and I described my position to him, and he assured me that he would assist me in recovering my funds. Truth be told, he did an excellent job and all of my money was returned to my wallet account in a matter of days, I’m so grateful to have met a person with such great skills it’s really amazing.

Email- Sean_recovery@cyber-wizard.com

Flynn Skyler said...

We hear about big money and fast profits early investors are making on Bitcoin and other coins and we want to join the party and make a fast profit. All this
is true not unless you fall in the hands of fraudulent brokers. Such was my situation until I made a total of $170,000 payment through bitcoins to this
cryptocurrency platform without fully understanding it was all a con job; they kept requesting additional payments while failing to give me my money
when it was due and they kept asking for more and more. It was such a terrible time for me but as I was browsing the web I stumbled across a post that someone
had shared about CYBER RETRIEVE. I was astounded that such a recovery can be accomplished in a matter of days. I gave them all the documentation they sought.
They are a very respected organization and everything was recovered. I do appreciate you hugely.
EMAIL: Cyberetrieve@mail.com

WHATSAPP +1(71645-4535} 5