y o u b i k e l o n d o n; Chris from Chelmsford

Name and age?
Chris and I'm 15.
Where do you live and ride?
I live in Chelmsford and ride around there, to school and round town.
What do you ride?
It's a We The People Arcade.
How often do you ride?
Every day.
Helmet or no helmet?
No helmet.
What's your primary reason for riding?
Just to get about much more quickly - I can't drive yet so it gets me around much quicker than walking.
Least favourite aspect of cycling?
Has to be cycling in the rain, it's got to be the bad weather, it sucks.
Most favourite aspect of cycling?
Having the freedom to ride where you want, when you want.  It's not time consuming like walking.
What do you never leave the house without when riding?
I don't take much with me to be honest. Maybe an allen key, and a lock, depending on where I am going.
How many locks do you carry and have you ever had a bicycle stolen?
The one I had before this was stolen, I take a lock when I know I'll need one, like if I am going to a mate's house I don't need one but say I'm going in to town to do a bit of shopping or whatever, if I'm going to leave my bike outside, I take a lock.
What advice would you give to an aspiring cyclist thinking of riding in London for the first time?
Try and enjoy it, just get out there and enjoy it as much as you can.
What could be done to improve the lot of the London cyclist?
A bit more respect for cyclists from the general public. Car drivers, bus drivers, taxi drivers. We are the ones doing the good thing by cycling and not using a car, and they drive round willy-nilly sometimes so a bit more care and respect for cyclists would be good.

No comments: