y o u b i k e l o n d o n; Caroline from Wapping

Name and age?
Caroline, and I'm 25.
Where do you live / ride to?
I live in Wapping and I ride all over, mostly out of town into the country.
What do you ride?
A Bianchi 928
How often do you ride?
I try to get out and about a couple of times a week.
Helmet or no helmet?
Helmet.
What's your primary reason for cycling?
For fitness mainly, but of course also because I like it; it's fun!
Least favourite aspect of cycling?
City roads - they just don't compare to rides out in the country on quiet roads; to be honest I never want to ride to work, but getting out of town for a long stretch is completely different.
Most favourite aspect of cycling?
On a long ride, that point after the 15/16 mile mark when you hit that distance groove - I might be tired before that point but then I get a 'kick' and it feels great.
What advive would you give to an aspiring cyclist thinking of riding in London for the first time?
Don't wear an iPod, it seems to me to be a stupid thing to do.  You're not in the South of France cruising, you do need to pay attention.  But do enjoy it and don't be afraid to beat a path out of the city to ride. Have fun!

3 comments:

Anne said...

Hey, you really changed it up with this interview! Nice cycling diversity. Good work.

john said...

great interview, so true that you should not wear an ipod whilst cycling - you need to be aware of what is going on around you!

ibikelondon said...

Hi guys, thanks for your comments.

John; I agree that wearing an iPod is not a good idea, for me I like to be able to hear everything around me as I ride - that's not to say it shouldn't be a choice and of course there are lots of people out there who are perfectly accomplished cyclists who can't hear so well or are deaf.

Anne; always so nice to hear from you. I agree that Caroline is a diversion from a lot of the 'type' of cyclists we usually feature here, but as Gary Fisher once said "Anyone who rides a bike is a friend of mine". Caroline was great to interview and of course the more different view points we have here the more we can all share and learn from each other.